Miss Butler and Miss Moraine State
Preliminaries to Miss America
ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL FEBRUARY 14, 2011!
can be no older than twenty-four (24) years of age on December 31, 2011.
Contestant must satisfy at least ONE (1) of the following requirements:
1. Contestant must prove
she is a Pennsylvania resident for the six (6) month period preceding the local
2. Contestant must prove she is a full-time employee in Pennsylvania for the six (6) month period preceding the local pageant date.
3. Contestant must prove she has successfully completed at least one semester as a full-time (at least 12 credit hours) student and is presently enrolled and attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited college or university in the Pennsylvania. Also no more than six (6) months may have elapsed between the completion of last full-time semester attended and the beginning of the next full-time semester to be attended at a college or university in the Pennsylvania.
A minimum donation of $100.00 must be made to the Children's Miracle Network for each pageant ($400.00 makes a contestant eligible for ALL local pageants for the current pageant year) entered. Although the Miss Butler County Pageants award three titles: Miss Butler County (CLOSED) - Miss Moraine State and Miss Mercer County are both OPEN, it is necessary to raise only $100 since it is considered to be one pageant.
The procedure for raising the $100 is as follows.
1. Go to www.missamerica4kids.org
2. Find the blue box entitled "New Contestants Click Here." Even if you
competed at Miss Pennsylvania in 2009-2010 Pageant Year or at Miss Pennsylvania
in June 2010 you must set up a new "ID" to use for ALL local pageants in which
you participate in the year leading to the 2011 Miss Pennsylvania Pageant.
You will use the same "ID" for all local pageants in which you compete.
3. Click on the box.
4. You will be taken to the Contestant Profile Page where you will fill in your First Name, Last Name, State (Pennsylvania) Pageant, Pageant Year (2010), Fund Raising Goal (at least $100.00), Email Address, Address, City and Zip. You will also create a User ID and Password. In addition, you may upload a small photo from your computer, if you wish. The picture, in blue, below shows you how to complete your profile.
5. When done with the page hit "save" and you will be taken to the second page in the blue below.
6. On that page you will enter "Miss Butler County/Miss Moraine State/Miss Mercer County" and then click on "Add."
7. You will then be given directions on how to submit the funds to "Miss America 4 Kids." Please note some contestants are choosing to raise the money themselves and then submitting it rather than sending many emails to family and friends. Also note that if extra money beyond the required $100.00 is raised that the extra can be "rolled over" to compete in other upcoming local pageants for the 2011 pageant year or, should you win a title, be applied to the $250.00 that state contestants are required to raise for state competition.
8. Many other answers to questions can be found in the "Frequently Asked Questions" section ot the Miss America 4 Kids website.
9. The information in orange below was received from Miss America and answers some questions about "rollover" of funds donated for one pageant to another pageant.
10. Please note that the exact procedure is subject to change. Should there be a change, please follow the directions on the Miss America 4 Kids website.
CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK - QUESTIONS/ANSWERS ABOUT DONATIONS
MAO National Platform Donation Roll-Over Information
Donations, in excess of the minimum amount required for each pageant, collected by a contestant, may be rolled-over for use in multiple Local Pageants, State and National pageants within a pageant cycle. A pageant cycle starts with the Local pageant that leads to State, which leads to the National pageant for a title leading to Miss America within that pageant cycle. When a contestants starts a new pageant cycle at the Local level (which could involve several Local pageants for that cycle, no funds are rolled over from the prior pageant cycle (Miss America title) and everyone is at the same starting place for fundraising.
All contestants must register at MissAmerica4Kids.org.
Dual local pageants only require each contestant to have a minimum expected goal of $100 (not $200).
Any donations collected in excess of the $100 for Pageant 1, will automatically roll-over into the contestant’s excess account and will be used toward their fundraising goal for Pageant 2. Any excess funds from Pageant 2 will automatically roll-over and will be used toward their fundraising goal for Pageant 3, etc.
The maximum donation required to enter all local pageants for the current year is $400.
If a contestant does not go on to compete at the State level, any excess funds over the $100 per pageant entered will be equally distributed among all the local pageants the contestants competed in.
Should the contestant win a local pageant, any excess donations will automatically roll-over and be applied to the $250 minimum required for the State Pageant.
Should contestant collect donations during her state competition, then the “borrowed” excess funds from the local level will be returned to the local level for allocation under the local accounts.
Should the contestant win the State pageant, any excess donations will automatically roll-over and be applied to the $500 minimum required goal for the National Pageant.
Applications, Fact Sheets,
Talent Request Forms, General Information and Critical Issue Instructions are
now available. You may download them or request them by e-mail or regular mail.
If you wish to have the forms sent by e-mail or regular mail, please contact us.
Please keep in mind that there will be a limit to the number of contestants whom
we can accept. If more women apply for the pageant than can be accepted,
acceptance will be in chronological order of the applications received with
those whom we can not accept being on a "waiting list." In order to be
considered a contestant the Application, Fact Sheet and Critical Issue Essay and
2 colored pictures (no e-mail pictures) must have been received.
Entry Applications and Materials Available - December 10, 2010
Deadline for Entry Applications - February 2, 2011
Fact Sheets and Critical Issue Essays Due - February 2, 2011
Two (2) Program Book Colored Photos (no e-mail photos) Headshots Due - February 2, 2011
Talent Request Forms Due - February 2, 2011 (In the event of Duplicate Requests the Form Received First from a Contestant will Take Priority)
Photo Copy of Birth Certificate (if applicable) and Eligibility Documentation Due - February 2, 2011
Program Book Information Form Due - February 2, 2010
Verification of Charitable Contributions to Children's Miracle Network Due - January 29, 2011
Mandatory Rehearsal - Friday February 25, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. at Butler County Community College
Interviews - Saturday, February 26, 2011 at a time to be announced at the mandatory rehearsal on February 25, 2011
Pageant - Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. at the Butler County Community College
Other Forms May be Needed. If so, you will be notified.
INFORMATION REGARDING TALENT TIME (EFFECTIVE FOR 2011 LOCAL PAGEANTS)
The Talent Time Limit Talent for Local Pageants leading to the 2011 State Pageants is 1 minute 30 seconds.